If you are planning to start a friendship, you may want to know how to write a letter to a friend. Writing a personal letter to a friend can be a lot of fun especially if you have something in common with the person. A simple friendly letter, sometimes referred to as a e-card, is an informal message which is aimed at expressing thoughts, feelings, and news to your close friends in a sort of old-fashioned way.
Writing a friendly letter to a friend is informal, but personal enough for it to show that you care. You can feel free to express it in any way that you like. But, most importantly, people who receive a friendly letter like yours will appreciate some recommendations to make your letter even better. And what better way to say that than by giving them some ideas on how to write a friendly letter? So here are some great tips that could help you along the way on how to write a letter to a friend.
- Choose a good topic when writing a formal letter. Formal letters always have a good format that makes them look formal and well-written. Informal letters are usually personalized and you can express your thoughts and feelings about the things that you want to tell your friend using an informal format. So if you are planning to write a formal letter to a friend, be resourceful enough to come up with a good topic that could make it more interesting and impressive.
- Choose the right words when you are writing a friendly letter. It is very important that you choose the right words so that you will not end up sounding too informal. You don’t want to sound too personal when you are trying to express your thoughts to a friend. Remember, formal letters should not sound personal. So learn how to write a friendly letter and practice it a lot before you actually send it.
- Practice! When you are starting to write a letter for a friend, you might want to start practicing first so that you will be able to create a good format for your personal letters. Of course, this doesn’t mean that you are allowed to carry your laptop with you when you go to the office. What I’m trying to suggest is that you start practicing and writing before you actually go out and send it. Just take a few minutes every day to jot down a few lines for your friend and you might find that you will be able to compose a good letter without having to carry your laptop with you all the time.
- Proofreading! Another important step in learning how to write a letter to a friend is to proofread your formal letters. Sometimes people make mistakes when they are writing. If you are writing to someone who is very experienced, he or she might miss something very simple but it can really hurt your writing.
- Practice your casual writing! After you have learned how to write a formal letter, the next thing that you need to do is to practice your informal letters. Write down a few lines about how you know him or her. Then ask him or her how he or she is doing and what is his or her best wishes for you. After you have received these kinds of responses, you will know how to write a letter to a friend without having to wait for the best occasion. Write your friend a handwritten card or note each time you get a chance instead of a typed one.
You can also learn how to write a friendly letter by keeping a diary or journal of how you are feeling about certain issues in your life. This can be very therapeutic if you are going through a difficult time in your life. You can write about how you feel about a situation and how you would like to handle it if you were in their shoes. This can be the beginning of a beautiful friendship that would last for years!